August 29, 2012

Secret is Out

It is getting hard to keep our secret, so I will share the secret with the blog world and announce ... WE'RE PREGNANT!!

Aaron and I could not be more excited! We've been ready to expand our family to more than the two of us for a long time. Our anticipated due date is the end of January 2013, which places me at 18 weeks. I am out of the first trimester and feeling much better!
Ultrasound pictures @ 12 weeks

I had a hunch that I was pregnant back in May while Aaron was away in California for his SERE training. I waited for a couple of days to take the test, but my nerves finally got me and I took a home pregnancy test. Well, it was positive. I waited for the next day to take a second test, and again it was positive. At this point I was a mixture of so many emotions including shocked, nervous and excited.

I didn't tell Aaron over the phone, but instead waited for him to get home, a time span of 3 days! (I know that really isn't that long, but for this it seemed like forever!)  I already knew how I wanted to announce I was pregnant to Aaron. I have actually known this since before we officially began dating. Yes, I did say before. For those that know our dating history, our first date was going fishing. Rewind back to our college days. Aaron wanted to take me fishing. He took me to WalMart to get a fishing license. I walked down an aisle that had little kid fishing poles. I looked at them and had the thought "How cute would it be to tell him I was pregnant with a little kid fishing pole?" I am not making this up! Let's just say that at that moment I freaked myself out with my thought. I guess I knew I was meant to marry Aaron.

So what did I do? I purchased a children's fishing pole. (Sadly, the only one I found was a Batman pole.) I attached a message and the home pregnancy test. I wrapped it up and waited for Aaron to return home.

Aaron was glad to be home and excited that I had wrapped a gift for him. Because of the shape and weight, Aaron thought I had wrapped a kite. I had mentioned when we first moved here how fun it was to fly kites at the nearby Fort Casey. I watched him open it up with hesitation when he discovered this was not a kite. He read my message "Get ready for more fishing ... We're Pregnant!" Aaron was very excited and continued to ask if I was sure.



We are so very excited for this upcoming adventure. I am starting to show a bit more these days. My pants and skirts are getting tighter. Here I am at 18 weeks. We will find out the gender in September.

12 comments:

AmyH said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Darren and Brandi said...

SOOOOOO very excited for you guys!!!! Glad I can finally talk about it :) Can't wait to find out the gender!

Powell's Place said...

Congratulations! Finding out you're pregnant when you've been trying a long time makes it even better (trust me; we know)! Glad you're feeling better.

Kali and JT said...

Congrats!! I am sooooo excited for you! Yay yay yay! Hopefully you haven't been feeling too horrible :)

Lindsey said...

yay megan i'm so happy for yall!!!!!!!!! such great news!! :)

Janet said...

so happy for you!! -Janet

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Congratulations to you both! I am thrilled for you! :)

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Such great news!!!! Congrats to you guys!! Glad you're feeling better!!!

Breanna said...

YAY! That is so awesome! You guys will be great parents!

Camille said...

I'm glad you are finally feeling better! Those first months are killer sometimes! Congratulations!

Kylee said...

Congrats guys! That is so exciting!! We are so happy for you!

Aimie said...

Oh my gosh!! Congrats you guys! I'm so so excited for you guys!