August 20, 2012

Girls Camp

I was asked to attend Girls Camp this year with the stake. Some people may have negative feelings towards camp, but I was very excited to go. This year I was a camp mom for the YCL's (Youth Camp Leaders). This age of girls (16-18) was a lot of fun to be around. I have to say that they seem so young though. Maybe I am just getting older and further away from my teenager years.

This year was my first year back at camp since I was a YCL myself! I enjoyed a different view of camp, as an adult leader. The other camp moms I served with were a lot of fun getting to know. What better way to get to know someone than sleeping with your cots next to each other and sharing a cabin?

Girls Camp's theme for the stake was "Seeds of Faith." Each group was designated a different flower. We had an entire garden of flowers at camp!

No comments: