October 10, 2010

Our Motorcycle

Did I mention we now own a motorcycle? After we got settled into our home here in Florida we decided that only having one car was not going to be enough. Especially having a schedule like Aaron's. After months of looking online, looking at motorcycles in stores, checking out motorcycles that were listed on Craigslist, we found one!

One afternoon we were browsing a motorcycle shop here in town. We asked if there were any bikes that were pre-owned for sale. The sales person walked us to another part of the store. After Aaron finished talking to the sales person I pointed to a yellow bike and said "Hey, I like that one. What do you think?" Aaron walked up to it and pointed asking, "Do you really like this bike?" My reply with "Yeah, I do."  After Aaron looked at the bike he said, "Of course you would like this one. It's a BMW!"

Aaron looked at the price tag and asked the sales person if he would take X-amount of dollars for the bike. He went to ask his manager, and our offer was accepted! Our offer, which was under 'Kelly Blue Book'.

We filled out the paperwork, paid the bill and Aaron rode off on his new (to him) motorcyle! Basically Aaron was a kid in the candy store.

*For those interested in knowing what the bike is. It's a 1999 BMW R1100S, with under 30,000 miles on it. (Whew, I hope I got all of that correct.)

No comments: