September 22, 2010

Enough with the Flooding

Tonight we had another "flood" of sorts. Luckily this time we caught it early enough to prevent damage. The water tube that fed the ice maker in the freezer split.  This small leak tonight got me thinking about all the other delightful incidents with water leaking that I have had in the past few years.

Timeline:
March 2007
- The toilet pipes of the apartment above me burst, which lead to water leaking through the ceiling and walls of both bathrooms in Royal Crest #102. This one also flooded into the hallway. Lucky for me that day I was flying back to Seattle for a wedding.

April 2008
- The bathtub in the apartment above us overflowed and leaked into my bathroom at Royal Crest #109. This time the water was not as gross. All of this simply because some girl started a bath and got distracted with her roommates or something and it overflowed.

May 2008
- As I was getting ready for my first day of work I heard water dripping in my parent's bathroom. They had already left for the day and I thought a faucet might be on still. Come to find out the back of the toilet had a crack that started flooding that morning.

January 2009
- The pipes in the ceiling of our apartment in Rexburg had rusted and leaked through the ceiling. Early one morning we found the water finally leaked through the drywall. Remember This?

July 2010
- Our washer flooded our kitchen here in Pensacola. Remember this?

September 2010
- Our fridge started to flood our kitchen.

I really hope that this trend of mine will end.

5 comments:

Becky said...

You are one big flood magnet! Goodness!
I had the same thing happen to me: bathtub above flooding because the girl got "distracted" with the boys that visited the apartment. Her tub leaked through 3...count them, 3 floors (she was on the 4th). They came down and told us to just put a towel in our light fixture. Geniuses I swear.

Camille said...

I remember the first one! Nasty! Haha, it follows you...you must be cursed with floods:)

Andy and Marissa said...

Oh Megs, I miss you!! Lol, sorry about all this craziness! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! Darn water! Maybe the water is attracted to you because you are really a mermaid! ;o) Sorry, I've been playing pretend with Aslynn. Hope everything else is going well! Looks like you are having TONS of fun!

Jackie said...

Water haunts you even when you're not in the Pacific Northwest, go figure. I hope sunshine starts following you around instead of water problems :)