August 27, 2010

My Buggy?!

Last night I went shopping at a Publix (grocery store) that just opened up. I was hoping to find really good sales, but mostly I just needed to get out of the house. When I finally weaved through the aisles of good deals I proceeded to check out. The check out process went well.

The girl the was bagging my groceries then asked me:
"Can I help you out with your buggy?"

Me (slightly distracted with grabbing my receipt) responded:
"I'm sorry, what did you ask?"

Girl bagging my groceries:
"Can I help you out with your buggy?"

Me (now fully confused at what the girl was asking) I responded:
"Oh, yeah ... sure."

This girl then pushes my "SHOPPING CART" out to my car. I felt a like an idiot because I had no clue what a "BUGGY" was. Apparently people down here call a shopping cart a buggy!! I am hoping that she saw the Washington plates on my car and understood that I am not from the South and do not understand the different names used here.

(Photo courtesy of a Bing search)

On another note, I felt rather "Southern" yesterday. Before Aaron left for work in the morning I made him Grits! I personally do not care for Grits, but Aaron loves them!

5 comments:

Janet said...

So funny!! i think calling it buggy is so weird. i have heard that name before. hahaha but you know that they think we are weird too!! :-)

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Thats pretty funny :) I have never heard of a shopping cart being called a buggy either. Come on people. Call it what it is.

Jameson said...

Just make sure you call it dressing instead of stuffing :)

Becky said...

haha how random! i knew my sister was officially Southern when she would go grocery shopping only after her hair, lipstick, nails and shoes in place. weird.

Anonymous said...

I am from Houston, TX (You can't go much more southern than that, before running into Mexico) And I have NEVER heard a shopping cart being called a buggy before! haha!! I wonder if it's just a Florida thing.