Our long awaited trip to Okinawa, Japan finally came and we are sad to say that we are home now. After work on Friday, December 18th Aaron picked me up and we drove north to Vancouver, Canada. Traffic was great. There was no wait time at the border too, which was wonderful. The next morning we took the hotel shuttle to the airport and our journey continued. Our first flight left at11:55 AM December 19th toTokyo (Narita). Next stop was Kansai with our final destination of Okinawa! We arrived in Okinawa around 10:50 PM December 20th. We crossed the International Date Line, so somehow we never really had a Saturday.
Through prior arrangements with Don (Aaron's Dad) we were able to surprise Kay (Aaron's Mom) by arriving 2 days early. Ever since we bought the tickets Kay was thinking that we would arrive in Oki on December 22nd and Don knew we'd be arriving early for all of those months. Thanks for keeping our secret!! Don made up an excuse that one of his co-workers had family flying in, but she was too sick to drive to the airport. Kay joined him to pick up the co-worker's family.
I absolutely love the picture above with the baby and the life jacket. It must be the facial expressions or something, I am not quite sure why but I did look at it everytime we got on a new flight. (That is a total of 6 times) On a more serious note, we enjoyed Christmas and New Year's Eve with my inlaws, and I really enjoyed getting to know them (because the only other time I've met them was at our wedding).
Don had even made a sign with fake names to hold up to make the surprise more believeable. When Aaron and I walked up to Kay she was talking to a few people and as she turned around she was very surprised to see us. It was the BEST!! Of course she was upset that everyone knew except her and that she hadn't cleaned the house. The surprise on her face was deligtful!! To top it off Kay's birthday was December 21st. Our present to her was our early arrival.
Just to be silly:
I had fun on the airplane, at least for the first few minutes, because of the safety pamphlet. Below are pictures I took. They are cartoons and so much more fun to look at than any domestic flight in the States that I have been on.
2 comments:
FYI: I do plan to add a post or two with a little more detail of events of our trip.
Sounds like you had a great trip! What an adventure!
Post a Comment