Our Thanksgiving this year was small, but we had a good time. Both sides of our family are scattered throughout the US and even in Japan, which meant our feast was celebrated with a total of 5 people. (Aaron, myself, my mom, my dad and my grandma.)
I was asked to set the table this year. I folded the napkins and realized there was some resemblance to an actual tukey. If I was more creative I would have found a way to add a face or something extra.
.JPG)
Aaron and I had fun testing out the tripod for our camera. By doing so we managed to get a picture together. Ta Da!
.JPG)
For a little change to the typical Thanksgiving Day meal, my mom thought it would be fun for each of us to try a new dish. My grandma made her first cheesecake, with raspberry sauce from berries picked from her own garden. Delicious! My mom made gnocchi with a squash. This dish also turned out well, and I actually ate squash because it tasted good. Aaron and I made jalapeno macaroni and cheese. It was filled with different cheeses and creams … not healthy at all! But I would say it was a hit.
.JPG)
There were a lot of tasty dishes to eat at our Thanksgiving dinner this year! It is tough cooking a tukey for a small number of people, so we have a lot of left-overs. Thanksgiving 2009 turned out well. Aaron and I were able to spend more time together! I didn't have to work and Aaron took the morning shift. Our little holiday break was a blast!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!
2 comments:
wow those napkins are impressive!! teach me how to do that!!! it looks like you had fun... good work on the new dishes what a fun idea! miss ya
Hey! Sounds like you had fun. I bet you can't wait for Christmas! We will be just sticking around here, but things are going good for us and we had a great thanksgiving too. We need to get in touch again! I miss you!
Post a Comment