After church Aaron and I decided it was a perfect day to go for a drive. We headed north on I-5, and exited just past Mt. Vernon. We went on the Mountain Loop highway. It was nice to travel at a slower speed and look at the beautiful fall colors. We passed through some fun small country towns. They had so much character. I don't have any pictures, becuase they were really small. When I thought to take a picture we were already out of town.
We could see the rugged mountains, green hills and the sun shinning through the leaves. It was a perfect way to simply relax and not stress out about life. For a portion of the drive we were driving somewhat parallel to a river. I saw a bridge and was curious where it went. We turned off the main road and found the bridge. It was a one lane bridge, which was fun to see. Now-a-days bridges are so big and have so many lanes. I liked the simplicity of the single-lane bridge. On our detour we found the Sauk Campsite. (It is an Indian name.)We parked and hiked down to the river. The river was very low so we were walking on river rock. Aaron noticed that one of the rocks was moving in the river. Come to find out it was not a rock, but a pair of salmon swimming up stream. Aaron wanted to go out and see if he could catch one. To paint the picture of this experience Aaron was wearing his brand new suit, shoes and socks taken off, with the legs rolled up to try walking out to the salmon. Unfourtunatly he could not get close enough to catch one. I have to say it was rather hilarious watching Aaron wading in a river in a suit paints and white button-up shirt.
.jpg)
I didn't bring my camera, so there are no good pictures to share. I was able to steal Aaron's cell phone and snap a few photos after the big event. .jpg)
1 comment:
You and you drives. I love it! There's just something about a Sunday drive, isn't there?
Post a Comment