We started the day grabbing a lunch at Safeway-a local grocery store. We picked out boneless buffalo wings, drinks and other snacks. We then rented a row boat from the University of Washington. We paddled around the arboretum area on Lake Washington. When I say "we" I mean Aaron. I just sat there and enjoyed the ride. Aaron and I stopped in a nice area surrounded by trees, lily pads and ducks. Aaron enjoyed feeding the ducks our buffalo chicken. They seemed to enjoy it.

After we had lunch out on a rowboat we headed back to Kirkland. The bakery that made our wedding cake does something wonderful. They will bake a new cake top and decorate it the same way that your wedding cake looked. What a wonderful idea!! We picked our cake up and dropped it off at our hotel. I was so excited, because I don't remember eating a lot of wedding cake at our reception.
We headed to Bell Square and stopped at the Build-a-Bear Workshop. What a treat to be able to feel so young and make your own teddy bear. The plan was to only make one bear, but they were having a good deal, so we ended up making two! Aaron made a boy bear named Kenny, who was a firefighter. The idea was to make a bear resembling each of us, but I failed at that. I made a boy monkey named Dillon. As we (aka. the animals) were trying on clothes I fell in love with the navy uniform. So we ended up creating two friends instead of an "Aaron" bear and "Megan" bear.

The big treat of the evening was nice dinner out on the town. Aaron made reservations at the Melting Pot. I know this is a nice place and I have always wanted to go, but it seemed silly to spend so much money just because. I felt a little better about spending the money for our anniversary. It was tasty!! This was a fun experience. My personal favorites was the cheese that we had for an appetizer. To top it off was dessert. We had the "Pecan Turtle," a carmel and chocolate mix. It was heaven! If only I could eat that type of chocolate all the time!!
It was a busy day, but we had so much fun. We are looking forward to the upcoming years together.
4 comments:
Oh fun! I can't believe it has only been a year since you were married! Are you sure that's right?? :)
Looked like a fun day! Congrats on the first anniversary!
Hey! It was so good to hear from you! Elizabeth shifted down so she's coming soon! I have less than 5 weeks left! We moved back up to Rexburg last Monday, and we love our new apartment! It's WAY better than our last one! My brother who got married 3 weeks before me and his wife are expecting a little baby boy on January 31st! So it'll be fun! I made a blog so that it would be easier to let people see pictures of little Elizabeth! Anyway hope all is well and congrats on the one year mark! We are at 9 months! well a little longer than that! so anyway I'll talk to you later! Bye!
You two make such an adorable couple and we love having you close by. It was fun to read your blog and look at the pics (nice looking bike, BTW). We love and enjoy you both very much.
Sue and Larry
Post a Comment