
So, I guess I need to find something to do... Last week my parents were in Eastern Washington (Medical Lake, to be exact). Since I didn't have anything better to do, I left early in the morning
(and dropped Megan off at her office) to go spend the day with them. Well, to my surprise there was an Air Force run recreation center on a little lake there, and since my parents are both DODS employees, they had access to the speed boats there. So, even though Megs doesn't believe this, I was pleasantly surprised to find out we were going skiing, not just swimming.

Not wanting to waste the opportunity, I spent almost 5 1/2 hours on the lake tubing, wakeboarding, and skiing. Unfortunately I only took my camera out on the last tubing run, but there are some good pictures still.
When I wasn't on the lake, I was enjoying seeing my dad's youngest brother and his family, who I haven't seen in about 5 years. Unfortunately, between a long day on the lake (without any previous exercise to help out sore muscles) and a total of almost 9 hours driving, I was pooped by the time I got to Sammamish. What's worse was my back was so sore I couldn't sleep. I never fully appreciated how many muscles you use in water sports. I didn't even get a sympathy massage from Megs, who coincidentally had a rotten day at the office. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for a little fun in the sun!

No comments:
Post a Comment