Where did the last 12 months go? Our baby boy is now one! To celebrate we planned a birthday party and invited friends from the squadron, church and the neighborhood. There were a lot of people who joined us to honor B's special day.
I tried to incorporate the theme of 'sock monkey.' I did my best, but planning a party in a foreign country makes things a little more challenging! Still, I think it turned out well.
We had warm kid-friendly food for the children and the young at heart, plus some fresh veggies for the healthy eaters in the group. I had a table covered in paper and sock monkey coloring pages for an art station, a game of Banana-grams at a different table, Aaron made a bean bag toss game, and there was bubble-wrap tapped on the floor to entertain the kiddos.
I made a smash cake for the birthday boy. I didn't have desire to make a really cute cake. Even though I took cake decorating in college. I went with the cheap and easy option of box cake mix and a tub of frosting. There was a large layer of frosting, it took B a bit to figure out. He made a good mess of himself!
My neighbor, Tara and I washed B up in the kitchen sink. Once he was all cleaned up we began to open presents. We truly have very generous friends. B did well on the gifts. That day Brayden only had one 45-minute nap. I was terrified he would have a melt down at his party. My little boy was a champ and had a good attitude!
Happy Birthday to our little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment