October 19, 2013

Visiting Tokyo Tower

This weeks big adventure was a little trip to Tokyo. Our neighbor, Tara and her son Robby had an audition in the city. B and I tagged along for the experience. After the audition we walked to the Tokyo Tower. Fall weather has finally arrived here in Japan. The temperature was cooler and the air felt crisp for the first time.

 
 
Our little boys are just 7-months apart in their age. I have enjoyed watching both boys have their little "baby interactions."

 
 
We decided to visit one of the observatories in the tower. Getting above the surrounding buildings was helpful in getting a perspective on how large Tokyo is. This is the largest spanning city I've seen out of all of the cities I have visited in the United States and Europe. The best way to describe the city is a "concrete jungle." Buildings are scattered everywhere! The streets are not organized into grid formats like many other cities in the world. These streets have no patter and spread in many angles.



We finished with the tower and decided to find a place for dinner. Tara and I found a Japanese curry restaurant. This may have been my highlight of the trip. The curry was exactly what I have been craving. Combine the warmth of the curry with the chilled evening and I was so happy.

The strollers were packed and the boys were strapped into their strollers and we were ready to catch the train back home. However we took a detour as a result of getting on the wrong train. Tara and I realized our mistake. Tara redirected us back in the proper direction and we finally made it back to our home station. Our boys were troopers through the extended time it took to get home.


1 comment:

"Oh You" Andersons said...

Awwww I want to squeeze B and just hug him!!! He looks to grown up! Wow what a cool trip.