October 24, 2013

Cloud Park

I never expected the climate in Japan to be so warm. We are in October and I am just now starting to wear a light jacket when we head out. Last Monday I was ready to explore off base and see something new. I had heard wonderful reviews about the local parks in the area. I loaded B up in the car and my neighbor loaded her son in my car and we were ready to check out a park. Our neighbor directed us to a park at the end of the flight line known as Cloud Park.

As we approached the park it was flooded with children and parents, but we still found room to explore. I am in love with this park. Cloud Park is amazing. I cannot wait for Aaron to return home and for B to get bigger. I can see this park being a place our family visits regularly.

The name "cloud" must come from this big white bouncy area. It is raised above the ground and children are allowed to play on top. It looks similar to a bounce house, but it is huge!


I've been told that most parks here in Japan have roller slides. Take a look at the picture below. There are metal tubes placed side by side that roll the person down the slide. You can speed down a roller slide much faster than a standard slide. It sat B in my lap and took him down with me. He didn't seem to mind.


Most everything was too advanced for B. Instead I let him out of the stroller in a quieter area and let him crawl all over. He didn't go very far and stayed close to me, but I think he enjoyed a new texture and scenery.
 
Japanese signs are impossible to read because of the kanji. However the cartoons assisted in displaying the rules for the area. Some make sense, yet others I still have no clue even after looking at the picture.

Playing at the park we worked up an appetite. We loaded up and headed home for diaper changes and we turned right around again for dinner. It was time for yummy ramen. Lucky for us there was a special and all bowls of ramen were priced at 500 yen ($5).

Dinner was delicious. Ramen here is much better than what you can purchase for a quarter. I let B taste the ramen noodles. He devoured them! Much like me he did not enjoy the seaweed sheets.

Slowly we are getting out and about. We are always ready to go to a new place and have an experience while enjoying the journey. Hard to believe that B and I have lived here for 2 months now.

1 comment:

AmyH said...

That playground is awesome!! You will have so much fun there when he's walking :)