The theme for the ball on our base was "The Force Beneath the Wings." Aviation includes so many people. It is far greater than a pilot flying the plane. There are mechanics, air traffic controllers etc. that work to keep the planes in a good condition and airways clear, and this year's ball was dedicated to the men and women who have kept Naval Aviation going all these years.
This also meant that I had a reason to get dolled up for an evening. This year was our second military ball and it was just as fun. I also need to give a huge shout out to my good friend Anna. She beautified me for the evening by doing my hair and makeup.
The keynote speaker was a retired Navy Flight Officer, William 'Willy" Driscoll. Willy and his pilot were the only Aces from the Vietnam War. He was an excellent speaker, energetic and engaging for active duty military and their spouses. Just hearing about the heroic actions he did was amazing.
While we were eating and listening to CDR Driscoll, we were surrounded by retired Navy planes from many different eras, including one that was hanging just about 6 feet above us! At our table we enjoyed the company of two other couples from our church branch. Together we laughed and enjoyed pleasant conversation.
It was so much fun to relax, take a break, and enjoy an evening with friends. I hope the bases we get stationed at in the future will have military balls as fun and well coordinated as the ones we've enjoyed here at NAS Pensacola!
Just Outside the Museum
Fellow student aviators in Aaron's squadron.
Ladies from the LDS branch on base.
3 comments:
You look so gorgeous! How fun! I want to go to a ball! :)
You look absolutely AMAZING!!! Seriously gorgeous! I want to go to a ball... I'm way jealous. Although I'm pretty sure no formal dress would fit my large belly. But it looks like so much fun. You must be proud of your man.
AWESOME pics, Megan! Seriously you're looking smokin' in that top pic! ;) I'm glad you guys were able to have such a fun night out! I always love any excuse to get all dolled up.
By the way, we're super excited for our upcoming Florida trip! Wow, it's almost here already. Hooray! :)
Post a Comment