June 08, 2009

Seattle Sounder's Game

Aaron flew up to Seattle for a total of less than 48 hours last weekend. Even though there was limited time, we had a lot of fun. We attended our first Seattle Sounders Soccer game together. My mom was able to get tickets to the game from her work. (She works with Xbox.) Along with the tickets we had t-shirts, scarves and banners. Aaron had a blast getting all dressed up for the event.It was a lot of fun actually. I really do not understand the rules, etc. of soccer, but it was fun. Aaron and I shared some famous garlic fries!! Yummy. It's a good thing that we both like garlic. After the game we stopped by Dick's to grab some burgers and shakes. It was a perfect evening out. I enjoyed walking through the VIP in the stadium and remembering that I had prom there. It was so much fun. Aaron and I are looking forward to attending more games in the future. This picture was really interesting. Apparently the goalie on the other team picked up a ball that was kicked to him by his teammate. I guess it is illegal for a goalie to use his hands on a ball that is kicked to him by his teammate. ....So the Sounders then were able to kick the ball in (I have no idea what it is called. A penalty kick?!) A lot of the members from the other team linned up in the goal to prevent a goal. It got really intense. This is very rare in soccer.

No comments: