Aaron was away on deployment so we joined with other wives in our neighborhood. There were a lot of people walking the sidewalks in costumes. Some of our Japanese neighbors had an escort on base for the evening. It was packed, but so much fun.
Our first stop was at our neighbor Jenny T's house. She spoiled B with a little lollipop. He sure enjoyed the experience of the lollipop. The sugar must not have settled well with him, because he later spit up a bit, which he normally doesn't do.
We walked around and saw more friends out walking with their kids. Our craziest stop was at Jenny S' house. Jenny had a nicely decorated front porch with pumpkins and other fall pieces. I sat Brayden down next to the pumpkins. I thought it would be a fun backdrop for a picture to send to Aaron. Apparently so did other people walking by. I started seeing a lot of flashes behind me and "kawaii" comments from the Japanese. Kawaii translates as cute in English. I will admit that he was very adorable looking like a raccoon next to those pumpkins. I do wonder if I will ever see a picture of my little raccoon pop up online somewhere. There have been a number of times where I can sense that someone is taking a snap shot of Brayden while I am not looking. It is fun to know that people think he is cute, but weird to think about where those pictures end up. Maybe it will show up in an online link "Cute American babies in Japan." Who knows?
This is when the camera flashes started.
I tried to turn around and take a picture of everyone taking pictures of Brayden.
Our last stop was at Ms. Carmen's house. Once again B was a hit. Bedtime was approaching, and he was getting tired. Ms. Michelle got evening cuddles with my adorable raccoon and we headed back home. Brayden was changed into pajamas and he fell asleep once I put him in his crib.
My friend, Jackie, who I met my first week here came over for dinner. We made breakfast for our Halloween feast. It was the best dinner idea and now I am thinking I should make it a tradition. Halloween this year was simple, but perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment