Running a 5K race has been lingering on my "To-Do" list for a while now. I happened upon a race that was titled the 'Foam Fest' there in Sammamish. Looking at the details I discovered the race would be at the same location where we had our home cross country meets back in high school. My mom volunteered to watch Brayden while I ran. I roped my friend Lindsay into running the race with me.
Race day arrived and Lindsay and I were decked out in matching gear we found on clearance at Target and Kohls. This race was strictly for our entertainment. We didn't have any lofty goals of crossing the finish line in record time. We simply had a lot of fun running this race.
We got muddy crawling around the obstacles, Lindsay and I found ourselves slipping and sliding on inflatables covered in foam, and as we crossed the finish line we were filthy! We had the biggest smiles though!
No comments:
Post a Comment