Thanksgiving day and the days following were spent with good friends. Our friend Ruben, who Aaron went to boot camp with, came up from California to spend the holiday with us. We also invited his girlfriend, Becca, to join us. She flew in all the way from Colorado to be here. Early Thanksgiving morning I picked both Ruben and Becca from the airport then drove the two hours north back to our house. Flights were delayed so we arrived just before our Thanksgiving feast was scheduled to begin. Aaron was a trooper in the kitchen and cooked the entire dinner on his own. All of the food was perfect.
Our dinner was also attended by our friends and neighbors Eric, Amy and their daughter Emmy. The LDS military relations missionaries joined our table too.
(I was wanting to decorate the table better, but there was not enough time. I walked in the door mixed the filling for a pecan pie and sat down for dinner. The company made the table though.)
Both Ruben and Becca stayed through the weekend. Aaron and I planned to show them the area. I had to work most of the day after Thanksgiving so they all slept in and hung out around the house until I was home. Evening soon arrived and we played a few rounds of poker until we were exhausted.
Saturday morning Aaron and I woke up and prepared breakfast. We had hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, orange juice and milk. Everyone finished getting ready for the day and we piled into our car and headed out to Deception Pass.
That evening we headed up to Anacortes for dinner. One of my favorite Seattle area seafood restaurants is Anthony's. Like all of the other times I have been to an Anthony's restaurant, I enjoyed what I ordered.
Sunday was the last day Ruben and Becca were in town so we toured downtown Seattle before heading to the airport. Ruben is a VERY loyal Starbucks customer. He was estatic when I told him we would be visiting the very first Starbucks location (even though he tried to down-play his excitement).
We were tour guides of Pike Place Market to our guests. It was a chilly day and I was enjoying sipping on my hot cocoa from that flagship Starbucks store. Time was running out before their flights left and we had to say goodnight to the city of Seattle. I love this city! It was so great to share the city where I grew up and call my home with good friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment