July 06, 2011

Finally, a Birthday Spent Together

Last month we celebrated Aaron's birthday. More than just being another birthday (HE'S OLD NOW!) it was special because it was the first birthday we've been able to celebrate together, both in the same state and time zone! We have never been in the same place for his birthday since we started dating. This day was a blessing because he was also gone for 15 days in June.

The night before I decided to decorate the house. I hung up streamers and blew up a few balloons, only to find out that Allie is scared of them! Of course, he had presents and cards to open and that is how the day started.

Later that evening we drove out to Pensacola Beach for dinner. I had picked out a wonderful restaurant right on the beach, called Hemingway's. There they served Aaron's favorite cut of meat, ribeye. The hostess seated us at the Tower Bar, on the roof of the restaurant. What a perfect location! We got there just before the sun started to set and we left when the stars were out.
 Right after the sun fell below the horizon.
Night view of the beach.

Dinner was a lot longer than what we planned. Our poor waiter dropped each course we ordered. He wasn't one of those clumsy waiters, he just had an evening of bad luck. Initially he dropped Aaron's main course off of his tray due to someone bumping into him. That was part one of the fallen plates. Then we moved on to dessert. We each ordered our own dessert. Unfortunately all the desserts fell off the tray with a gust of wind. Our water came over and told us that the tray had fallen and that new desserts were on the way. This next time, only my dessert fell off the tray in a gust of wind. Three times is the charm, and I finally got my dessert. Our poor waiter was so nice about the whole situation and handled everything well. It was also nice that we got free dessert for being patient!


Hemingway's was a great restaurant! The food was delicious and the view was spectacular. I look forward to our next visit.

Our night ended at Seville Quarter. There we played a few games of pool. We also spent some time in the dueling piano bar where we said goodbye to one of our Navy friends who was moving up to Virginia for training.

Overall, Aaron had a great birthday! We were so thrilled that this was the first birthday we could spend together in the last four years!

5 comments:

Camille said...

Those are HUGE balloons! And that restaurant sounds like a fun atmosphere. Megan, I am such a slacker on skype. I am sorry. I will do better. By the way, I like your haircut:)

Ryan and Brittany said...

What a good little wifey you are! That restaurant looks amazing...poor waiter! Happy birthday Aaron!!!

Brandi Litchfield said...

Umm... short hair??? When did THIS happen! It looks adorable!!!

Kirk said...

Ouch, poor waiter!! That is an amazing view right on the beach!! You guys look great!

JackieinEngland said...

Looks like it was a fun night! Congrats on your first birthday celebration together :) Poor server though, sounds like it was a really windy evening.