I thought it would be neat to take a "fun" class my last semester of college. I convinced my friend Cami to take the class with me. It's a good thing I convinced her, because I honestly would have failed that class without her. It was a class that I always forgot about until the last minute. Thankfully Cami would always make an extra batch of frosting for me and have it ready for class..JPG)
This picture is my final project. I started out from not really ever frosting a cake and ended up with this. It is a two-tier chocolate cake with chocolate fondant. Everything on this cake had to be edible, and I had to make each flower by hand.
This was a lot of stress yet at times a lot of fun too. With this class if you make a mistake you don't use an eraser. I found myself always plopping extra frosting into my mouth. Some class periods I would come home with a stomach ache and headache ... I guess you could say that I had a lot of mistakes on those days.
.JPG)
The cupcakes were actually a fun treat. These cupcakes were for a Baby Shower that I hosted at my apartment. The theme was "Pink or Blue" because the expectant mother did not know what she was having at the time. So I made pink and blue cupcakes.
On top of each cupcake I had a different letter. When placed next to each other they spelled "B-A-B-Y." I had a lot of fun with those. I think they turned out well. Considering I did this in my own kitchen, without my teacher supervising.
This cake with the flowers and butterflies was a nightmare. I spent a good chunk of time outside of class with Cami trying to perfect these flowers. A lot of stressful laughter came with making this cake. (I also went home with a stomach ache from nibbling on all of the mistakes.)
On this cake, I had to do a basket weave design on the side of the cake. It was a bit tricky, but I think I did alright.
This little white cake was the cake that almost made me drop the class. Nothing went right for me on this cake. My teacher made small chocolate cakes for each person and then we had to take white frosting and frost the cake. Dark cake and white frosting do not mix well. My quote from that night came from the Emporer's New Groove. "You did that on purpose." It was in theme with Valentine's Day.
This picture is my final project. I started out from not really ever frosting a cake and ended up with this. It is a two-tier chocolate cake with chocolate fondant. Everything on this cake had to be edible, and I had to make each flower by hand.
The cupcakes were actually a fun treat. These cupcakes were for a Baby Shower that I hosted at my apartment. The theme was "Pink or Blue" because the expectant mother did not know what she was having at the time. So I made pink and blue cupcakes.
On top of each cupcake I had a different letter. When placed next to each other they spelled "B-A-B-Y." I had a lot of fun with those. I think they turned out well. Considering I did this in my own kitchen, without my teacher supervising.
5 comments:
Wow! I am officially impressed! I wish I had been there to take the class with you, sounds like a lot of fun!!
I guess I should clarify. I took this class winter 2009 ... I started the post and never officially posted it. Aaron was looking at it last night and said it needed to be posted.
Amazing! I wish I took a cake decorating class! I want to be able to do that! You'll have to give me lessons :) Very impressive!
So...looking at the cupcakes I decorated and comparing them to your cakes I would say that you really outdid me!! Haha...I should have flown you down and had you decorate for me! Anyway, maybe sometime we will have to do that and I will call you soon!
Pretty cakes Megan!! Your final project is stunning! Hope I get to see you before you leave the Pacific Northwest, come visit me in Canada!
-Jackie
Post a Comment